Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC

Built in fridge freezer, refrigerator compartment not cool

Customer Question

Built in fridge freezer, refrigerator compartment not cooling
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
do you have a model number and make ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Zanussi
Model ZBB6266
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay I don't have access to parts and diagrams but I will try and help anyway, first is the fan running in the freezer compartment ?second is there any frost on the back panel inside the freezer behind your food ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Freezer is fine,i cant see any fan at all, it is supposed to be frost free but i can see developing ice lodged at the back
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay , you have a defrost issue. you cant see the fan its behind the wall in the back of the freezer. when these don't defrost correctly the airflow from the freezer to the refrigerator section is block by frost behind the panel. all the cold air for the refrigerator section comes from the freezer.remove the back panel inside the freezer behind your food and you will see the coils are clogged with frost. defrost them with a hair dryer. most likely you need to replace the defrost thermostat located clipped to the top of the coils.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i let you know in the morning if it has worked?If not can i still ask for some help? Obviously i need to defrost the freezer first. Thank you very much...what's your email add?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
just come back and reply tomorrow and I will receive it . talk then thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its starting to emit cool air now in the fridge compartment but it's been 4 hrs since it started & it's not as cool as before yet? Des it really takes time? How long does it normally takes? Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes this can take up to 24 hours to stabilize, usually faster though.the more you keep it shut the faster it will cool.did you put the panel back in ? You have to if you haven't .
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: EPA Certified HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your expertise.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your very welcome, have a great day ! thanks, Bryan