Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC

Built in fridge freezer, refrigerator compartment not cool

Built in fridge freezer, refrigerator compartment not cooling
do you have a model number and make ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model ZBB6266
okay I don't have access to parts and diagrams but I will try and help anyway, first is the fan running in the freezer compartment ?second is there any frost on the back panel inside the freezer behind your food ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Freezer is fine,i cant see any fan at all, it is supposed to be frost free but i can see developing ice lodged at the back
okay , you have a defrost issue. you cant see the fan its behind the wall in the back of the freezer. when these don't defrost correctly the airflow from the freezer to the refrigerator section is block by frost behind the panel. all the cold air for the refrigerator section comes from the freezer.remove the back panel inside the freezer behind your food and you will see the coils are clogged with frost. defrost them with a hair dryer. most likely you need to replace the defrost thermostat located clipped to the top of the coils.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can i let you know in the morning if it has worked?If not can i still ask for some help? Obviously i need to defrost the freezer first. Thank you very much...what's your email add?
just come back and reply tomorrow and I will receive it . talk then thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its starting to emit cool air now in the fridge compartment but it's been 4 hrs since it started & it's not as cool as before yet? Des it really takes time? How long does it normally takes? Thank you.
yes this can take up to 24 hours to stabilize, usually faster though.the more you keep it shut the faster it will cool.did you put the panel back in ? You have to if you haven't .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much for your expertise.
your very welcome, have a great day ! thanks, Bryan