Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC
10522817

We have a built-in type Bosch dishwasher, and we use Finish

We have a built-in type Bosch dishwasher, and we use Finish tablets in it. Up to recently we have had very good results, but now the wash does not come out very well, and it seems to be because the tablet is not discharged from its place during the wash cycle.

If I open the washer front, the tablet fits into a small cup with a sliding cover that latches into place before washing. We have always heard the cover click open shortly after the programme starts, and then the tablet drops to the bottom of the machine. However, this does not now happen - the cover still clicks open, but at the end of the wash the tablet is still part-unused in the cup. Do I need to get a part to fix this?

By the way, the machine door is screwed to the wooden kitchen unit door, and I can't find any label showing model or FD numbers. Where do I look for that?
this is a problem with the water level. when the water level is low the tablet doesn't get sprayed as it should to dissolve it. start the machine and let it fill. once its filled open the door and tell me how much water is in the bottom in inches.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have started the machine, but how do I know when it is full?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At present it is about 1" deep, and roughly 1/4" below the lip of the outlet filter

well by now its done filling. this should cover the filter. about 2 inches deep. you need to replace the electronic water inlet valve. its in the front bottom left corner behind the kick plate.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just checked and it is still below the filter level, same as before. Being built-in, the machine does not have its own kick-plate. I guess I should find the valve behind the kitchen unit kick-board?