Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC

Had a warning message of E2 on a Frigidaire tall freezer. Think

Had a warning message of E2 on a Frigidaire tall freezer. Think this was due to a drainage pipe being blocked. Have defrosted it and it is on -18 now, but still flashing alarm. Any ideas on how to clear this alarm ?

how long has this been plugged back in ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

From around 8.30 am this morning.

okay, the alarm will sound to warn you that the temp is high.this takes time to cool, once its actually down to the temp set the alarm will shut off. if it doesn't let me know. I know its a pain and annoying but it should go off as soon as its at the right temp. try to leave the doors shut as much as possible.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The display on it says -18 and I have put a thermometer in and that says -19, so how long after should it stop flashing with alarm ? It is not making a sound.

Okay so its below -18 already ? can you get me the model number please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a Frigidaire FRF170FF.

I cant pull up that model for some reason. I'll keep the meantime try unplugging this again for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. see if that resets the alarm.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will do.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried that. Still on -18 and flashing and alarm is still on red.

okay are you using a digital thermometer to check inside temp. ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. Inside temp is showing -19. Just need it to stop flashing and sayinh alarm.

I'm sorry the only thing I could find on that was to push a hold the alarm button in for 3 seconds, I'm not sure if you have that though. I cant bring up your specific model.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It doesn't have an alarm button, but have done the same with the super freeze button and that seems to have done the job. Will check it in minutes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That seems to have done the trick.

Thank you

thats great ! good job, thanks and have a great day ! Bryan