Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC
10522817

Do I need an electrician or an AEG engineer - my builtin fridge

Do I need an electrician or an AEG engineer - my builtin fridge ( with a freezer compartment - and 10 years old) is not working. Its clicks but no humming noise as if compressor in not functioning. It's model no. isAEG SANTO888401 I''m no mechanic - but an 81 yearold widow!
you will need an AEG tech to look at this, the issue is with the compressor start relay. its the part that starts the compressor.An electrician wont have the parts or the technical knowledge to get this up and running. the relay is a common failure and the part runs anywhere from $50.00 to $75.00 on average. I hope this helps. thanks and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you give me a contact number for an AEG engineer -phone preferably in my area.

I really don't know what area you are in unfortunately but heres a number that will put you in touch with repair service, they will locate the closest one in your area and set up a service appointment for you. hope this helps. call 0800 REPAIR, also if you click on this blue link it will take you to a the website, http://www.0800repair.com/aeg
I'm not sure why you rated my poor service ? Can you tell me where you live so I can see if I can find a direct number for you to call ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
i rang the contavt number you gave me but they do not cover my fridge.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
can you tell me what part of the UK you live in I will get you a number.thanks, Bryan