Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

unable to remove filter from Beko washing machine?

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 1 year ago.

Hiya,

How much anti clockwise did it turn?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

until it clicked, 6.05 position

Expert:  Techdesk replied 1 year ago.

Hiya,

OK, 1/4 turn, full turn, 2 or 3 turns?

If it's only turning a little, there's something in there jamming it.

It should unscrew (most Beko washing machines use a screw type filter)

If it's only turning a little, you need to rapidly tighten and slacken the filter until you get it fully unscrewed, then you can pull it out.

If it won't unscrew, you need to take the pump and filter housing out (drop it out the bottom of the machine is easiest) to remove the debris.

Don't lay the machine over or turn it upside down.

Tilt it rearward, have someone hold it.

Take the panel below the door off.

Take the screws out that hold the filter housing in place.

Drop it out the bottom.

Take the wires and hoses off.

Clean it out.

Reassemble and try the machine again.

Obviously, if you cannot do the work yourself, you'll need to get someone in to do it for you.

Check it out, see how it goes and get back to me if you need more help.

(I do have to go out for a while though, I'll respond once I get back).

Hope this helps

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

job done, thank you.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 1 year ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know.

Good luck with the appliance.

If you haven't already done so, I'd appreciate it if you could rate the help you received.

It's how I'm paid for my time and efforts.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

fast response to my problem, replied with good detailed instructions that were easy to follow. Problem solved.

Thank You