Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC

hi, ive just moved a whirlpool american style fridge freezer

ive just moved a whirlpool american style fridge freezer from one property to another.
on setting it up and plugging it in the freezer section is flashing a warning light and a clicking noise is coming from the back.
i would greatly appreciate some info on this. the paperwork has dissapeared from the face of the earth.
regards barrie
can you get us the make and model number so we can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bryan , it's a whirlpool model number s20 b ebb 20 H
I cant seem to find that model number. can you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and take the bottom panel off that covers the compressor ? I need you to see if the clicking is comming from the side of the compressor indicating a faulty start relay for the compressor. are the fans inside running ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes clicking noise is coming from the white box on the right side as you look at it from the back. The fan is running fine.
okay, this means the compressor start relay has failed. its probably similar to this one correct ? Start Device 12555902 Main Product View can you unplug the refrigerator and remove it so you can get the numbers off it to order ? it just plugs onto the side on three posts. you can pry it off and get the numbers. order and replace it and you should be all set. these fail all the time and I don't believe you did anything to cause it. hope this info helps, thanks , Bryan