Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC

The tablet used in my dg6145 dishwasher remains dry and unused

The tablet used in my dg6145 dishwasher remains dry and unused after the cycle has run.Have you any ideas what might cause this and how I can rectify the problem.
this means theres no water or not enough water entering the machine. start the dish washer and let it fill. after its done filling open the door and check the water level. tell me how much in inches is in the bottom .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no more than half an inch in the bottom.

okay, this should have around at least 2 inches in order for it to have enough water pressure to not only clean the dishes but reach the soap and dissolve it. you need to have the inlet water valve replaced. before doing that however make sure the water is turned on fully (usually under the sink) Unfortunately I cant bring up your machine to get you a part number though. if the water is on full replace the inlet valve on the machine itself. hope this helps. thanks and best wishes, Bryan