Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.

I have a two door refrigerator and a fan behind the back of

I have a two door refrigerator and a fan behind the back of the refrigerator side (right)

is making a small tinkling noise. what action is required?

Drcool :

Hello, Can you post the make and model number please? It could be just lubrication or the fan blade could be touching some frost.

Samsung side by side RS 60 JJSM

Drcool :

Thank you for the model number. The tinkling noise would be coming from the fan inside the fridge. If you would remove the lower drawers, you can access the evaporator coil by removing the inside back wall. This would exposed the fan motor as well as the evaporator coil You would see if ice has accumulated and has reached the fan blade that would make the noise. If it is ice, just thaw it and observe again for a few days. If the problem comes back, replace the sensor in the fridge evaporator. If there is no ice near the blade of the fan motor, lubricate the fan motor bushings. This could be making the noise.