Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

My freezer does not freeze all round the inside of the freezer.

My freezer does not freeze all round the inside of the freezer. I have increased the number from 3 to 4 to see if this makes a difference .My wife has not been happy with it from the start.

Drcool :

Hello, How deep does the frost appear on the inside wall of the unit? 3/4 from the top? or 1/2 from the top?

Customer:

About half way

Drcool :

Hi. thank you for responding. Is this a brand new unit? or already been using for a while?

Customer:

About 2 years old.

Drcool :

ok. I am sorry to tell you, if this is the case, then I would say you got a leak in your system and you are lacking refrigerant gas. That explain the half way frosting of the evaporator coil.

Customer:

When we bought it we had to get one of your enginers to call because it did not work.He did mend it but it has not been 100% since we have had it. Do i need a engineer to call?

Drcool :

Yes you should. If i am not mistaken, some units are warranted for 5 years for the sealed system. Your unit would need to find the leak first, repair it and charge it up with refrigerant which only the engineers are allowed to handle. Refrigerants are controlled substance so only the engineers could work with it.

Customer:

Many thanks. Can you arrange for an engineer to call and put it right? I think it was a problem with the gas when your last engineer called to repair it last time he called.

Drcool :

I am very sorry but we do not do that. Though you can call your dealer where you bought the unit and maybe they can help you locate the nearest service center near your area.

Customer:

Okay .Thanks for time and trouble. As they say in the forces,Over and out.

Drcool :

You are very much welcome. Thank you too for using this service. Over and Out !