Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC

Our Bosch dishwasher has suddenly stopped pumping in water.

Our Bosch dishwasher has suddenly stopped pumping in water. There is a sound of some action but nothing happens in the cycle apart from the tablet being ejected. What do we do next?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
can you get us the model number so we can better assist you ? open the door and look on the side of the door (right side) near the top for a tag.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SGS4012GB/13
Is this the correct number?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay , can you try a test for me ? get a pan or bowl and pour about 2 gallons of hot water into the machine by hand, start the machine and see if it completes a cycle. can you do that ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have put in the hot water. Cycle started at 22:26. Sounds a little better but will take a long time to complete. Do I let you know tonight when it has done so or tomorrow morning? If tomorrow how do I contact you?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
whenever you get a chance and the cycle finishes let me know. just come back and tell me what it does.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou. Will be in contact tomorrow morning.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay talk then, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No success. Hot water pumped out. Cycle started but stopped half way through. The dial stayed at 8 o'clock position. When turned to vertical did not stop humming.
What next please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bryan,
This morning the cycle had not finished. The dial stopped at the 8 o'clock position. It had pumped the water out, tablet ejected but nothing else had progressed. I moved the dial to vertical but it remained humming.
What next?
Thanks,
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay this means the water inlet valve on the machine is bad. It's what puts the water in. the valve is humming but not opening. Water Inlet Valve 425458 Main Product Viewyou will need to order and replace it.I cant find the part number for your valve so you need to call a supply house and order it, its located in the front of the machine behind the access panel under the door (left side) hope this helps, thanks , Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: EPA Certified HVAC