Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC

My Bosch Exxcel auto option Maxx freedom performance dishwasher

My Bosch Exxcel auto option Maxx freedom performance dishwasher has stopped mid cycle and no longer will work. The time just stopped counting down and the dishwasher wasn't doing anything except making a repetitive noise. I've tried resetting and also cleaned out the filters and drain in the bottom of the dishwasher but no success. Is there anything else that I can try. Hubbie thinks it might be a pump problem as when we turn it on it tries to start a cycle but just makes this repetitive noise like it is trying to pump water in but nothing happens. Trying to work out whether it is possible to fix myself or worth getting an engineer in to look at, or should just bin and buy a new one. Any advice welcomed. The serial number is XXXXX if it helps. Thanks
does this sound like the drain pump is running all the time underneath ? none stop ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Possibly - I wouldn't really know. Trying to describe the sound it is a repetitive dum-dum...dum-dum (sort of a whirry pump like noise), if you open the door it continues and is much louder and it does sound like it is coming from the filter area in the bottom middle of the dishwasher (although that is also close to the spray arm inlets)

okay, this is stuck in flood mode. for some reason you have water in the base pan underneath the dish washer. this hold the float up and the pump continues to run interrupting the cycle. you need to get the water out underneath.shut the power off at the breaker before doing this. the best way to do that is to remove the dish washer from under the counter and tip it over to the left and let the water run out. these are hard to get to (the base pan) so its easier to tip it and let the water run out,once thats done let it dry out and restore power and it should be fine.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok - will give it a go and let you know how I get on - thanks

your very welcome, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help, tipping it didn't seem to be doing much although a little bit of water came out, so I also removed the drain cover again and sucked the water up with my vax aswell. It seems to be working fine again. Thank you

your very welcome. It doesn't take to much water to shut the machine down so you must have got it ! good job. thanks and best wishes, Bryan