How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Drcool Your Own Question
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Category: UK Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2086
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
Type Your UK Appliance Question Here...
Drcool is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a built in Neff microwave which works well except that

This answer was rated:

We have a built in Neff microwave which works well except that the turntable has stopped rotating. Is this easy to repair?

Drcool :

Hello, Can we have the complete model number please? When you say it is a built in microwave, does it mean it is an oven top? or it is a counter top but was inserted in the wall cabinets? I asked because it would be easy to repair a counter top unit rather than an oven top one.

Customer: Hi
Customer: hi, the numbers on it are- TYP SS-4S5S....also H54 3ONOGB/03, also FD. 8703 -and finally F37090056 - I'll have to leave it to you to decide which is the relevant one! It is mounted in a cupboard/ unit so I'm not sure if it could be free standing or not - sorry.....does the model number give you this information? Thanks, Brian
Drcool :

Hello Brian, Sorry for the delay. I would say it is a free standing but was just installed in a cup board. All you have to do is remove the whole unit off the cup board and open the cabinet. Then underneath the unit is the access for the turn table motor. You would have to cut the tin cover from its perforated spot to remove it and then you can access the motor.

Drcool :

I suggest you get a meter to measure the resistance first so you would really know if it is busted or not. Then replace it if found to be bad.

Drcool and other UK Appliance Specialists are ready to help you