Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

I have a Samsung H Series fridge freezer (side-by-side type)

I have a Samsung H Series fridge freezer (side-by-side type) that I have just done a complete defrost on. This involved stripping the fridge side down and accessing the fan to remove all the ice around the fan unit.

After cleaning and putting it all back together, I powered it back up and the display flashed all symbols for a while, then went steady, then finally went blank and just a single bat is flashing on and off.

The fridge and freezer sound like they are working and th lights are on in both compartments. Then only thing that is not working is the cool box on the fridge side. There are no light of display on it.

Any ideas?

Drcool :

Hello, can we have the complete model number please? The flashing LED segment of the display is an error code. Can you tell me which segment of the display is flashing as well?

Customer:

The model No. is RSH1JBBP. The LED segment that is flashing is the bottom segment of the right digit on the freezer section temperature digits.

Drcool :

Thank you for those info. This is an error code for Rs21 but samsung is samsung so they could be the same. Try to see if the freezer fan is running . Code 11 as you stated is freezer fan problem.

Customer:

The freezer fan is not running and the fridge section fan is not running either. They look easy to change. Are they the same fan model?

Drcool :

Have you pressed the door switches, ( if there are visible on the side trim of the cabinet) for more than 10 seconds? There is a delay of 10 seconds before the fan would run after closing the switch.

Customer:

I cant find any door switches. I can here clicking as the light goes on / off as you open / close the door. I have listened with the door slightly open (but not enough for the light to come on) and I cannot hear the fans on either section.

Drcool :

ok. Close the door for 15 seconds, try to hear if there is a fan that would start to run inside. Do it one by one. Freezer first, then the fridge.

Customer:

Just tried this (twice for each section) and I cannot hear either of the fans. When I defrosted them, they were both frozen solid. Would the motor have been damaged as they could not move?

Drcool :

Yes they could.

Customer:

I have just searched for replacement fans, but the fans on 'e-spares' and 'partsmaster' which state they are for an RSH1JBBP1 (both exactly the same image) do not look like the fans in my fridge and freezer sections. Are there any direct sources for fans from Samsung?

Drcool :

oh. I would suggest that you get it from authorized dealer near your area then.