Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

I have a bosch fridge model number KUR15A40GB and it is not

I have a bosch fridge model number KUR15A40GB and it is not getting cold. I have replaced the thermostat and the pump is running but still the device is not cooling. What else could be the problem?

Drcool :

Hello, When you say the pump is running, does this mean the compressor at the back of the unit? If it is the compressor that is running, then can you verify that there is no frost accumulating inside the freezer back wall?

Customer:

Yes. I mean the compressor. It is a fridge not a freezer so I would not expect frost. None of the device inner surgaces are cool to the touch - everything remains at room temperature even after the device has been on for some hours.

Drcool :

Hello, thank you for those info. I am afraid if this is the case, then you have a gas problem. Meaning, refrigerant could have leaked out and now the unit lack refrigerant gas that is why even though the compressor is running, there is no cooling inside the fridge. I am sorry if I am the bearer of the bad news. This is not a DIY since handling refrigerant needs licenses in handling and usage.

Customer:

OK, I will get the unit out again and double check everything... just in case I have made an incorrect assumption.

Drcool :

Ok. Please double check if the compressor( black steel ball ) is vibrating, hot to touch, then it means it is running.