Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.

I have a samsung side by side refrigerator model RS21DCSV1XEU

I have a samsung side by side refrigerator model RS21DCSV1XEU and the ice making box has jammed in place, it is not frozen and lifting and pulling as suggested in the manual does not release it. My guess is it appears to de jammed in the bottom end right hand corner (as you look at it ). I feel too much effort will break or damage it. Any ideas ?

Drcool :

Hello, If you are mechanically inclined, you can bring down the whole ice maker, remove the cover at the front, then ,manually turn the motor so that the tray would come back to its horizontal position. Then once in that position, put it back and observe if it would happen again.

Drcool :

If it does, then I am afraid you could have a broken teeth in the gear and you would need to replace the whole ice maker.

Thanks for your advice, I have had a look at what you suggest, however not being mechanically inclined its a bit beyond me. I guess I shall have to call out an engineer.