Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

Have whirlpool chest freezer only small, the control panel

Have whirlpool chest freezer only small, the control panel at top, have a numbered dial, then an unlite. Red with a triangle above, then a green unlite with a wave sign above then a orange lite one with a temp symbol then a button. Which turns light off when pressed and the freezer goes quite too. Was given freezer yesterday and ice forming inside
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

If you are, can you tell me the model number and the problem you are having please?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Label whirlpool AFG 511/YYYY XXXXXXXXXXX want to know what the lights and symbols mean as have been given this freezer

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
There should be a 12 digit code. Can you repost that but put a letter A directly in front so it wont get crossed out like above. Then Ill try and get you the information.

It should look something like A123456789123

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A300043005573

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I am terribly sorry, but I am unable to locate the manual for this model.

So ill opt out while I continue to look.
This opens the question to others as well
If any of us find an answer for you, we will respond and you will get a message from the site.

Thanks
Rob

Expert:  Drcool replied 1 year ago.

The numbered dial would be the thermostat. Usually, clock wise would be cooler and counter clock wise is warmer.

The red with triangle is an alarm if the temperature inside is way above the normal temperature of a freezer so It is normal it would lite up if you just plug it in and the light would turn off once the unit has reached operating temperature.

The green light is power indicator but you have stated that it was not lit so the bulb could just be faulty.

The orange , I am not so familiar. It could be a temperature warning if the the temperature inside is gliding above the operating temperature or it could also be the compressor indicator. So if the unit would reached the set temperature, depending on the setting of the thermostat, the compressor would cut off as well as the orange light. Then the switch besides it is to control the compressor on and off.

The wall would normally frost up because usually, chest type freezer are frost type. Meaning, the whole wall inside the freezer is the evaporator coil and these walls would frost up when the unit is running normally.

-
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.