Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

Freezer section of my frost free fridge freezer model Gr349SQF

Freezer section of my frost free fridge freezer model Gr349SQF is freezing up and the temperature in fride keeps going between 6 and 8.

Drcool :

Hello, If you notice frost accumulating inside the freezer back wall, it would of course affect the coldness of the fridge since the fridge is only drawing its coldness from the freezer. So if there is frost accumulation, it might mean that you could have a defrost issue. Here is an article on how defrost works. Please click the blue word. It would help you better understand how your defrost system should work.

Drcool :

But then again, it could also be just an issue of a door left ajar.

Drcool :

So to be sure, we normally suggest customers to do a complete defrost of the unit first before replacing parts one by one. You can unplug the unit for 24 hours with both doors open and then if you notice that there are no more water dripping on the back drain pan, then you can plug it back and observe if the frost would come back accumulating inside the freezer back wall.

Drcool :

If it does, then we would check the defrost heater, defrost terminating thermostat, as well as the timer, either electronic or mechanical one.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I found this service very expensive and do not wish to pay any more money .

I do not know if you got the monthly subscription but I know you can cancel it anytime by emailing the moderators of the site.

Or you can lower the price of the subscription or the price of the question if ever you would want to ask questions again.

-
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This was the first time I used this service and I
I do not pay a monthly subscription and I will not be using this service ever again., so could this be the end of the emails.

The emails that you received could be follow ups from our moderators.

If you would receive emails again and would not want to reply anymore, then just ignore them.
Since I replied to your question again, you would received another email saying your question has an answer so just ignore the next email then, Do not reply anymore so I will no longer be notified that you replied.

Thank you for using this service.

-