Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

we have a Bosch Classixx Fridge Freezer. This was in the house

we have a Bosch Classixx Fridge Freezer. This was in the house before we moved. There is no manual. The light in the fridge no longer comes on. The old bulb was replaced - it had blown. The light still does not come on - the little button on the door has been pushed in and out. the light came on briefly and then stopped working. Any suggestions?

Drcool :

Hello, The button on the frame would be the door switch for the light and sometimes, in some models, this also stops the fan when the door opens and starts the fan when the door is close. But in some models, this is just to control the light inside the fridge.

Drcool :

Since the light came on briefly when you play with the door switch, then I would say you could have a bad switch. Can I have the complete model number please so that I could try to find what type or kind of switch your unit is using?

Customer:

I have the following numbers

Customer:

E-NRKGV28323GB/02, F.D.8407/150327 and PSF.208N/KGVA. The light has come back on today although sometimes when the door is opened it is not on.

Drcool :

Hello, Thank you for the model number. Does your door switch looks like this? Please click the blue word. If it is, then just replace that switch. Just unplug the unit, then gently pry the switch out of its cavity, then remember where the wires are connected because I saw you have a three terminal which means that the other wire could be controlling the fan.