mranswer
mranswer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years factory trained exp for most all major appliance mfrs
13971964

I have a Bosch dishwasher SHU33A05UC/22 that runs for 3 or

I have a Bosch dishwasher SHU33A05UC/22 that runs for 3 or 4 hours to complete the cycle and dishes do not dry well. Is there any way to determine if the heater element or control module is the issue? There is a lot of information on the internet about control module issues with some Bosch dish washers but not my model
the control is the issue 99.99% of the time. The ONLY way to know for sure is to get a voltmeter and see if the heater is getting voltage or not when the unit is running. No voltage means control is bad. Most all times you can take the casing off the control and see a burn spot on the circuit board. You will need to pull the unit out far enough to access the heater connections if you want to do the check.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Is there a way to check the continuity through the heater without removing the dishwasher/heater? (ie - certain color wires running from the control module ?)

You must do the simple VOLTAGE test as I described-there is no other way to do so.