Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

For the last two or three times I have had to push the door

For the last two or three times I have had to push the door of my Zanussi dishwasher very hard to get it to start but now it just wont, no matter how hard I push. Any suggestions?

Drcool :

Hello, Can we have the complete model number please? It is sounding like a door lock problem. With the model number, maybe I can guide you the part to replace.

Customer:

My model number is XXXXX I would appreciate the name of the part to replace. It may not be necessary as it is working for the moment. Temperamental or what!

Drcool :

Hello, Thank you for the model number. Here is the parts diagram, choose electrical and the door micro switch is item 7. Please click the blue word.

Drcool :

Another to look at would be the door latch. It could also be the problem if it is not switching the door switch. That would be item 344

Drcool :

To access it, you would have to remove the back panel of the whole door. Open the door, leave it at the horizontal position, look at the rim of the door, remove some screws that holds the front panel, then as the front panel drops down, you can now see the latch and the micro switch.