mranswer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years factory trained exp for most all major appliance mfrs

My Bosch dishwasher, model SHU 5306, is 12 years old. Problem:

My Bosch dishwasher, model SHU 5306, is 12 years old. Problem: DW GOES THROUGH THE NORMAL CYCLES AND COUNTS DOWN ON ITS TIMER BUT DOES NOT TURN OFF AND NEVER GETS TO THE DRYING CYCLE. This just started happening on Thanksgiving.
This is a classic sign of a failed controller. The part is right behind where you see the display and is easily replaced by removing the door front. You can get the part from call them tomorrow with the full model# XXXXX they can quote you the price for the one yours uses. Just remember that replacing any one part does not give renewed life to any others, so do not let this become a money pit. 12 -15 years is a good life expectancy on any d/w.