Mr Repair
Mr Repair, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

As of last night, my beko under counter fridge (fridge only,

As of last night, my beko under counter fridge (fridge only, not fridge-freezer) interior light has stopped coming on, and today the fridge seems noticeably warmer, so I think it's more than a burnt out bulb. The fridge sounds as if it's running, and when I unplug it it goes silent, so power is getting to it. The fridge is pretty old (about 7 years), and when I look around the back there's quite a bit of rust on the metal 'floor' beneath the black pot-don't know if that's indicative of anything?
When you touch the black pot is it hot or cold ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's warm. Not hot, though. When I just went to check that, I noticed that the fridge wasn't making any running noises. It stayed silent when I turned it on/off at the plug. So maybe it's running intermittently?

What is the temp control set at inside it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's at 6, out of 7.
Turn all the way off and listen for a click. Leave it off for a minute then turn it back on. Does the fridge start ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it doesn't start back up.

Does it make any sounds at all ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not that I could seems to have stopped making sounds at all now. It definitely was earlier, which is weird. I'm actually away from the house until tonight, so I'll check it when I get home. If it's been not running all this time it should be completely defrosted and warm. I'll update you then.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, when we got back, the fridge was making no noise. It's still cool inside, but not properly cold (the light has now been off for 2 first indication that something was wrong.) However, when we opened the door to check how cold it still was inside, my husband wiggled the temperature dial back and forth, and suddenly the fridge started making noise again. Still no light, though...

It sounds to me like the thermastat has failed and needs to be replaced.