Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

I have a Kelvinator Model F236 2 door freezer.

I have a Kelvinator Model F236 2 door freezer. It has 3 lights on the top right hand corner,XXXXX, XXXXX & red.I pressed the red button & I can`t get it to go off. After pressing it I pulled out the plug & defrosted the freezer completely,plugged it back in & it has got cold again,as normal but I can`t get the red light to go out.The button that I pressed is in the out position but the red light is still on.I`m concerned that it might indicate that a defrosting heater is on, it`s freezing but seems to be working hard to do it.

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The defrost heater is not activated by that button. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the only model number I can find is on a sticker that says

" Model F236 , 300L & Made in South Africa" does this help?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, I am unable to locate any information on that model. I will place your question back to the top of the list for other experts to see.
Expert:  Drcool replied 1 year ago.

The red light is a warning that the inside temperature has not reached the working temperature of the unit yet. Meaning it is still not that cold.

As you have said, it is hardly reaching the usual freezing temperature and it is working hard to do it. In this case, the red light would not disappear. Because this is a warning light that tells you that the freezer is not close to its operating temperature.

I know your unit is a frost type, so, do still notice frost on the lowest shelve? That would be the last part of the tubing so, If you are having lack of refrigerant, this is the part that would be affected first.

If you lack frost on the last shelf, then I cans say you lack refrigerant and you could have a small leak that just started to affect the cooling capacity of the freezer.

-
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.