The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

Bosch clasixx dishwasher has no lights. No function. Nothing

Customer Question

Bosch clasixx dishwasher has no lights. No function. Nothing works. Appears dead. Have checked & there is power to the main on off switch on LH of door. There is power from the grey lead to the control unit on the right of the door. Any ideas please? Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 2 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Are you sure you have 240 in?

The Famous Forry :

If so . Please check the anti-flood device in base of machine. Very near to base centre

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX from the inside or the outside of the machine? What does it look like?

The Famous Forry :

It is inside placed on the base plate. It is a small micro swith, that is activated if the base gets water in it. The switch has a small piece of foam attached to it that rises in water and activates the anti -flood device. Start by removing side panel/s. Unplug from ELECTRICAL SUPPLY before attempting any repair.

Customer:

Thanks. Found anti flood device. If I lift the arm & operate the switch it turns pump on to empty machine. Now what?

Customer:

Of course the machine is already empty. Still no lights on.

The Famous Forry :

was there any water in the well where the anti flood device is fitted?

Customer:

No

The Famous Forry :

It appears the anti flood device is ok then. You can rule this out. Please check now to see if your pimp is open circuit

Customer:

Bu I have had the machine on it's side

Customer:

I guess you mean 'pump'

The Famous Forry :

Providing no water is flood area now, then forget the flood device. Yes I mean PUMP

The Famous Forry :

You are sure door is shutting correctly??

The Famous Forry :

|Door swith must be activated

Customer:

I had the pump working when I lifted the red arm from the flood device

Customer:

OK I'll check door switch

The Famous Forry :

Is door switch ok?

Customer:

Door switch seems OK. When main switch is pressed wire connector pulls door lock on

The Famous Forry :

You may need to look at electronics/pcb. It may be worth checking the pressure switch is ok and the small capillary pipe to it is not blocked first.

Customer:

Ok. Please explain how I recognise the small capillary pipe. Is it part of the clear plastic moulded pipework on the right of the machine?

The Famous Forry :

Ther are so many possibilities that can go wrong here and you have now eliminated a fair few. There is another I have just thought of and that is where the door hinges down. all the wiring is here and often you get a broken wire here. The wires are wrapped in some sort of sheath to help protect them, but over time, wires do break in this area. High possibility.

Customer:

Thanks. Wires at this point are fine. What about the capillary pipe you mentioned?

The Famous Forry :

The pipe is small black brake type hose attached to usually small round pressure swith with 3-4 wires attached. A water sensing device.

The Famous Forry :

It senses when the water level has been attained, but sometimes they fail, or the pipe gets blocked with sediment.

Customer:

OK thanks but can't find that. Think I'm now out of my depth, I need more than you can give me. The thing is scrap!

The Famous Forry :

You sure you checked the wires. You seem to have checked these very quickly unless you had previousely done this?

Customer:

Yes already had fron of door removed

The Famous Forry :

I used to tug each wire seperately and move it about an inch to make sure it was not broke further inwards, every wire tugged seperately, one by one. Painstaking i know! Best of luck again regards David.

Customer:

Thanks & out!

Experience: I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
Thanks for using JA