The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980

I have a BEKO DG582 mk11 and have had their engineer out several

I have a BEKO DG582 mk11 and have had their engineer out several time because the grill will not stay lit once you release the knob even though I hold it in for the specified time. It is now out of warranty but the problem persistes. The oven and rings operate fine. Can you help please?

The Famous Forry : Yes the gas safety device requires replacing. The engineer should have changed this when he came. These parts are not cheap and so I would report this back to the company who should have changed this before your warranty expired. Please come back if you want the part looking up and pricing and or any other help you may require regards XXXXX XXXXX

Yes, please advise the details and cost.

The Famous Forry : Ok will do right now
The Famous Forry : The thermo coupler is surprisingly only £15 and available.

Thanks. How do I fit it please?

The Famous Forry : Hi this is a flame detector and is fitted to hit the flame and detect heat. If you look at your grill ignition flame the old thermal coupler will be noticeable. They are screwed bolted in place. Best look at old one and remove and repllace at same time. Not to difficult I do not think.