The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980

I have zbf 360w built in oven, not under warranty. The grill

I have zbf 360w built in oven, not under warranty. The grill element failed and tripped out rcd. I have replaced grill element but unit still trips red. Advice please on what else has probably failed.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David. 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

Have you got a multimeter?

The Famous Forry :

Often the fan assisted 'Circular' oven element fails and causes trip out. Assuming you have wired grill element correctly , I would look at any other element, starting with circular fan assisted, usually hidden by back plate inside oven. These are easily replaced and relatively cheap. There are other ways to test if you do not have a multimeter (available B&Q and all other good DIY stores for as little as £5). Just come back to me and I will talk you through the process of elimination. Thanks regards David.