Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.

My smeg fridge model FAB28R/L is not working properly. There

My smeg fridge model FAB28R/L is not working properly. There is power as the light is on but it not cooling so the ice box has defrosted. If I push the door button numerous times sometimes the compressor kicks in and the fridge springs back to life but once it reaches its temperature it goes off and does not come back on

Drcool : Hello, it is sounding like a bad thermostat controller. There cold be a loose wire in the thermostat or the thermostats itself is defective. If the thermostat is near the door switch, then by pushing the door switch, you could have been connecting the loose connection with out knowing it that is why the compressor would start to run again.
Customer: Is it an easy fix that I could do myself or is it a job for the professionals?
Drcool : Hi, if you are electrically and mechanically inclined, then it is an easy fix but if not, then I suggest seek professional help since tinkering with electrical is dangerous.