The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

I have a Bosche HBN 7305.0B oven. Having returned home to find

Customer Question

I have a Bosche HBN 7305.0B oven. Having returned home to find it filthy, very long story. I turned it on to clean but after a while got a E6 error message which says the door lock is defective. Is there anyway that I can fix this, fyi I am an approved electrician so safe to isolate etc!!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 1 year ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'. Is this a self cleaning oven?

Customer:

Customer:

Yes it heats the inside up to 500 degrees and burns everything to dust. at a certain point as the temperature rises the door locks.

The Famous Forry :

Hi Thanks for that, The door lock is for when you use this cleaning process only due to the extremely high temperatures. They are a little tempremental and sometimes do not lock as your is doing. They are quite expensive if you want to replace, around £59,and then you need an engineer to fit, another £50 i guess. If you want to order a part I can source the part for you. If it does not bother you too much and your aware the door is not locking ,maybe you will not go to the expense. Awaiting your reply,regards David.

Customer:

my problem is that it needs cleaning and without the lock working the oven is fifthly.

Customer:

I am happy to order the lock, its a lot cheaper than a new oven of a similar standard.

Customer:

Is this not something I can fit?

The Famous Forry :

You may be able to fit, I do not know your electric capability with your DIY ability. It will clean usually without the lock working but if not you should be able to googlr part and order online. Hope this helps regards David.

Customer:

As a qualified electrician I think I have the required skills to do the job, can't say I want to but needs must! It definitely won't clean without the lock working that I can confirm!

Customer:

I appreciate your help, if you want to supply me the part at least you will earn something for all your help, how can we achieve this?

The Famous Forry : Sorry computer stopped working' I am replying from iPhone. I can help source/find part but it is not me selling it. And I have no profitable interest from finding you the part. This is just my service to you and hopefully you will accept my answer. That is the only way I get paid. Thank regards David.
Customer:

Hi, sorry for the delay, been away.

Customer:

If you can advice of part number and seller that would be great thank you.

Experience: I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Do you have the part number i need so I can try and source it please?

5045171406041 Part number about £65 plus vat