The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

The dryer of my Siemens WDI1440 is not working, although the

The dryer of my Siemens WDI1440 is not working, although the drum is turning the unit does not get hot. Where do I start, please?

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David 'The Famous Forry'.

The Famous Forry :

The problem will almost definately be the heating element or the thermostat. On a lot of modern appliances this element comes complete with the thermostats. I will look now for the part needed and advise you very shortly. (within 10 minutes) Looking Now.

The Famous Forry :

You may remove plug and start removing rear panel to expose heating element.

The Famous Forry :

Element is seperate at £103. There are 2 thermal limiters, one is priced at £33 and the other one is priced at £19. All prices are plus vat. It is more likely to be one of the thermal limiters that have failed rather than the element. Do you have a multimeter to test the devices?

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that and put a multimeter across the components to test continuity, (or lack thereof). Unfortunately the unit is built in so it will take a bit of effort to expose the rear of the machine. I will have to leave this for a couple of weeks as I am going away. Are parts available on line? Thanks for the help.

The Famous Forry :

Yes, parts are available as far as i can see. Good luck and be careful to ISOLATE from the mains electric before attempting any repairs. David, 'The Famous Forry'