Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322
UK Appliance

We have a Hotpoint BWD129 washing machine, after putting it

on a hot wash, after... Show More
on a hot wash, after a while it made some funny clicking noises inside and then stopped turning. The door lock led flashes, as well as the top two Led's remaining on. Eventually after a lot of switching it off, back on and leaving it, the door unlocked so we could open in.

Did it overheat? The water was hot enough to burn me, and I'm cautios about trying to drain the remaining water.

Any idea what's wrong with it?

Hiya,

It's possible it overheated (the hottest wash should be a 90 degree wash).

Unfortunately, you will need to put the machine on a spin only cycle to see what happens.

then, if it drains and spins, you need to run it on the hot program again.

.

If instead, you get flashing lights, let me know which lights flash.

.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help, I've switched it on again to try get the remaining water out with a drain cycle, but I don't think I can get that far, when switched back on now, the delay start and super wash (top two LEDs) flash, along with the door locked button.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

.

I'm afraid it's not good news.

The 2 lights flashing indicate the front user board isn't communicating with the main control board at the bottom rear.

.

You could try unplugging the machine, taking the rear panel off and taking the main board out.

Check the plugs and wiring to it.

Check the board for obvious damage.

Take each plug off and plug it back on again.

.

Reassemble and try again.

If still the same, you will need to have the electronics replaced and then programmed to the appliance.

.

This may still leave you with the heating fault and this would have to be addressed too.

This may only be the temperature sensor or it may be part of the main board failure.

.

Check it out, see what you find and get back to me if you need more help.

.

Hope this helps

Thanks