Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

my hotpoint aquarius washing machine, WMf940, wont empty or

my hotpoint aquarius washing machine, WMf940, wont empty or pump out. All the lights are flashing and there is an error code f - 05 but I can't seem to find out what it means!
I would be grateful for any help!
Jan
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Royzee :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Royzee :

F05 is a failure to discharge withion precribed time limit

Royzee :

In other words, it didnt empty !

Royzee :

Is there water and clothes still in the machine?

Royzee :

Thanks

Royzee :

Rob

Royzee :

Are you having trouble replying?

Royzee :

I can change the screen you see, if you are

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi
This might be easier, if you were having problems replying.
Just post the answer in the box below
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, sent a couple of replies but not sure you got them?

jan

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jan
sorry not got anything.
If you look above you will see exactly what I see.

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, well things have developed! I unplugged it, left it to sulk and then plugged it back in. I then set it on spin only which seems to have worked this time. I have now set it on a fast wash program to see if it will run through the whole program this time. I did try and open the trap to check it was clear but although I got it loosened I couldn't get the lid off, any tips on how not to break it!

jan

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jan

OK, well thats progress, I guess!

My gut feeling is that there is something in the filter that stopped the pump from running.
The door will not open while the water is still in there.

Whatever it was, may well now be washed away.

Try rocking the filter up and down and side to side while firmly pulling the filter out.
This should do the trick.

I hope this answers your question and you rate my answer well, unless you have a further question for me.

Apologies for the problems you had with the site today

Thanks
.Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. Is it ok if I wait and see if it manages to complete the program thats running and the problem has gone before doing the rating for you?

jan

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jan

Yes of course.

Also, any problem just let me know

Thanks
Rob