SparePartsPro
SparePartsPro, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

neff dishwasher not working, power light not coming on. Have

neff dishwasher not working, power light not coming on. Have checked power to and from switch in door and all ok. Does sound as though there is a solenoid or relay picking up when switch operated but now lights on any of programm selector buttons or main power switch.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 2 years ago.

SparePartsPro : Hello There - My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am more than happy to help with your question today.
SparePartsPro : Start by looking at the module to make sure it hasn't become dislodged from the housing.
SparePartsPro : Remove the module and check there are no burn marks on the pcb.
SparePartsPro : On assembly make sure all edge connectors make good contact . Let me know what you find.
Customer:

When you say the module I presume you mean the module which has the program selector buttons along the top edge? This looks ok but it is encased in brownish coloured plastic case so not able to see any PCB. All connections are sound,

SparePartsPro :

Yes that's it.
Remove it from it's housing by disconnecting all the edge connectors.
Take it out and look over it front and back.

Customer:

That was fun! No signs of any burning/overheating at all on the PCB

SparePartsPro :

Try reconnect it without placing it in the housing.
You say you heard a relay switch when you powered up.
Try and confirm that the noise you heard was coming from the pcb.

Customer:

Noise not from PCB, sounds like solenoid bottom rear of machine. Not clear click of usual solenoid but sounds like it may be on mechanical linkage. Drain?? Not got machine pulled out so not sure exact location.

SparePartsPro :

Did the lights on the pcb light up this time.

Customer:

No

SparePartsPro :

But you have power going to it.
What ever you can hear at the back is not going to effect the PCB.
If the lights don't light up then you probably need a new board.

Customer:

Have power coming from the main door switch. Not sure if power to PCB. Will it be 240v to PCB or is it transformed down before getting to pcb.?

SparePartsPro :

The PCB is 240v with it's own built in power supply circuit.
Assuming you have a multimeter then put a link in the door switch so you can test the supply from the power on button to the board.

Customer:

There is 240v to the 6 way connector to the RH side of PCB(6x white wires). Door switch does not have to be made for power to PCB as switches light up normally when door is open to access the program selector switches

SparePartsPro :

OK I was thinking more of the ouputs on the board. The door switch is the interlock to the auxillaries.
So you got power but no lights.
If you had the link in the door and pressed the program button you could check the output signal but if it doesn't light up then you probably need a new board.
It's very unlikely I'm going to be able to help you beyond this I think you have it mostly covered.
What are your thoughts.

Customer:

Yes it is looking like the board. As I was checking for mains into the board I picked up some o/p voltages of 32v & 16v if I remember correctly. (voltages ref to Earth)

SparePartsPro :

Then that would be correct, there are low voltage circuits for relay switching.

Customer:

Do you know a good place for spares?? Not sure on model No. suppose the nameplate will be at the back somewhere.

SparePartsPro :

Look on the inside edge of the door either top or side.
There is a label with the model number.
Let me have that number and I'll find you the part number.

Customer:

Sorry abvout the delay, didn't notice it was engraved in top of door.looking for label!

Customer:

Type is S5443X2GB/44

SparePartsPro :

OK thanks for that.
Found your part number.

SparePartsPro :

The original part number was 488432 but has now changed to 492685.

If you want to order this online you can do by CLICK HERE
It's a hefty price so you might want to consider getting an online quote for the repair at www.repaircare.co.uk

Customer:

£165 is ok as long as sure that is problem. Will have to think on that one!

SparePartsPro :

You would have to 100% sure that is the problem before you commit.
Make sure all edge connectors are fitted correctly and the wire harness isn't broken.
There is also the option of a reconditioned module where you exchange old for second user.

Customer:

who sells the recon modules?

SparePartsPro :

Search for QER.

Customer:

Thanks for that and the rest of the assistance.

SparePartsPro :

OK no problem, good luck with the repair.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best regards Tony

SparePartsPro, Appliance Technician
Experience: Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng