Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Leisure cookmaster 101 nrcp ovens and grill ignition not working.

Customer Question

Leisure cookmaster 101 nrcp ovens and grill ignition not working. Hob is ok
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still waiting for a response
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am I likely to get an answer?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the full model number of the appliance please?

It should be on a label on the cooker and will begin with letters.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
CM101NRCP
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

Is the clock working?

Is it flashing or set to auto?

The wiring diagram isn't too great but it appears the generator and oven valve is via the clock.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The clock is working as is the ignition spark for all the hob burners. It is just the ignition for the 2 ovens and grill that have failed
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Ok, thanks for that.

Are you able to light the ovens manually?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

That would suggest that one of the spark generators has failed (or has broken wiring to it).

The wiring diagram shows 2 generators, one for the hob and the other for the oven and grill.

You would need to take the panels on the machine off (rear panel) and locate the spark generators.

Check the wiring to them and see if there's any obvious failure signs.

let me know what you find.

If a wiring diagram would be of help, let me know and I'll upload it for you.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is only 1 spark generator with several wires from it.
A diagram would be useful
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

Click here for the wiring diagram.

You do need to download and save it.

It's too small online to read, download it and it's full page.

It may be that the generator is a "2 in 1" device.

Check out the diagram, see how it goes.

(You could swap an oven electrode wire over with a hob wire.

If the oven then sparks, you know the generator is at fault).

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not been able to download a viewable copy of the diagram.

There are 2 white wires coming out of 1 side of the ignition unit. The other side of the unit has mains wiring (blue, brown, earth) and 1 white wire. Does the diagram indicate if the 2 white wires could be 1 for the hob and the other for the ovens/grill?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

What's the problem you are having in downloading it?

I've downloaded from 2 computers with no problems.

the wiring diagram shows a lot more than 2 wires coming out of the ignition unit.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just get a small blurred diagram that isn't viewable when I blow it up. Do I need to download some software to view it properly?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

You need to download the diagram.

It's an Adobe pdf file.

If you try to read it online, you won't be able to.

Just click on the link, it takes you to 4shared.

Click on download file.

Wait for the countdown to end.

Click on download again.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.I had the wrong version of Adobe.

The diagram shows more wires coming out of the ignition unit than are actually there. The ignition unit part number is XXXXX 07000818.

When I get time I will disconnect each of the white wires in turn (2 of them) and if the hob ignition fails during disconnection I will reconnect the other wire to see if the ovens ignition starts working.

Do you have access to a diagram for IGM61?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, the diagram I've uploaded is the only diagram for your machine.

Thanks