Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Bosch Classixx Fridge Freezer shows the red warning light.

My Bosch Classixx Fridge Freezer shows the red warning light. The fridge seems to be working OK. But the freezer although cold is not as cold as it should be. Is there anything that I can do?

Hi

Can you post the model number please. It will be on a sticker inside the fridge usually behind the salad box.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Lots of numbers...could it be KGU30604

Hi

Ok if you empty the freezer look at the back wall and the bottom. Do you see any ice or frost?

Also do you hear the fan inside the freezer running?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, there is ice on the back of the fridge. There was not an hour ago - this makes me think that it not completely busted! I first noticed the problem yesterday and I noticed that the fan was working from time to time as I would expect it to. It is not working - but that could be because it is not in that part of the cycle?

have just read your question again.....I do not think that I can hear the fan inside the freezer ....but I did not know that there was one there. There is one in the fridge. is this what you meant?

Hi

Is the ice on the freezer back wall or the fridge?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have listened to the freezer and I can hear a noise

There is ice on the back wall of the fridge and also some on the back wall of the freezer

Hi

Ok as the freezer seems to be working ok then this may be a blocked evaporator inside the freezer. As if this gets blocked up this can stop the air flow around the freezer.

What you can try is a full defrost of the appliance for 24 hours and keep the freezer door open. This will allow the ice to defrost in the freezer.

Or if you are handy remove the baskets inside the freezer and take the back panel off.

From there use a hairdryer and defrost the evaporator. Once this is defrosted refit the back panel and retry the freezer and see how it goes from there.

But if say 3 weeks later it does the same again then there may be a fault on the defrost side. Either a faulty defrost heater or sensor. Which to test these you will need a multimeter.

But just see how the defrost goes and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok....just before you go.

To defrost do I turn the whole thing off?

Or can I defrost the freezer and not the fridge?

Would 12 hours defrost be enough?

PS - I am not handy enough to take back off....but I could take the baskets out and use the hair dryer on the back panel would this work?!

Hi

Im afraid just removeing the baskets wont work with the hairdryer.

As to the defrost its best for 24 hours as this way you will know its full defrosted.

But you will lose the fridge as its all controled by the same compressor. And yes you just turn it off?

Regards