Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher. How do I remove the top? Water is

Customer Question

Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher. How do I remove the top?
Water is not pumping out. When I switch on I can hear a mator trying to work and then stop.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?

It is faintly etched across the top of the inner door.

What have you checked to try and rectify the problem?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The number is XXXXXXXXXX/XX. I have emptied the water and removed the cover of the impeller which turns ok. I can see no blockage. I have tried blowing down the drain hose and can only hear the water move a little but see nothing in the inside - water etc.

I cant see how the top comes off - no screws etc. I was thinking of checking inside the pump?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

You've checked all the usual causes.

Look on the underside of the lid.

Your one should have some plastic clips that you press up to allow the lid to slide rearward.

Press the clips up and then push the lid rearward, you should then be able to lift it off.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, got the lid off but then find I cant access the pump. I take it I need to take the bottom off? I can see the water going in through the tubes on the left side but no water being pumped out.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Do you hear the drain pump hum when you start a new program?

You can get limited access to the pump by taking the panels off, taking the screws holding the tub to the base out and tilting the machine off the base a little.

Taking the tanks on the left side off can also help.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done what you suggest. Taken pump out of housing and tested - it is turning ok and I have checked the pipe is clear all the way. Am about to put together again. The white pipe that comes out of the right hand side of the machine - does this connect to anything or not
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Not sure about the white pipe.

I need more of a description or a photograph to see if I can help

thanks