AUSSIE Repair Tech
AUSSIE Repair Tech, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

Bosch classixx 6 WAE28363 F21 fault code

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Hi

F21 is a motor problem. If you have already replaced the brushes then you need to reset the error code. To do you need to.

Turn the knob to off.

Close the door.

Turn the knob to 6 oclock position.

Wait 2 seconds.

The start/pause should begin flashing.

Press and hold the spin button.

Turn the knob to 7 oclock position.

Wait 2 seconds.

Let go of the button.

Turn the knob to off.

This should clear the error code and retry the washer and see if it goes again.

If it does then you need to check the carbon brushes in the back of the motor and check to see if they have worn down. If so then they will need to be replaced.

Then retry the washer and see how it goes from there.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The start button does not flash only F21 code still
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Have you tried it a few times?

As sometimes it can take a few trys before it clears.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
as soon as I turn the dial the fault code keeps flashing not the start button
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Ok if its not clearing it that way then i will opt out and open the question to the other experts and see if any of them can help you on this.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  AUSSIE Repair Tech replied 2 years ago.
The fault code F21 is the motor signalling an open circuit to the controller.

The F21 will not go away until you unplug and repair/replace the faulty motor and then the panel can be reset as per the above instructions.

The reason it wont allow you to do anything or go through the settings is because the electrical wiring in the motor is faulty and the controller knows this*

Unplug the machine, unplug the motor, then re insert the connecter and plug the machine back in and try once more, otherwise, you need to have the motor checked out and repaired or replaced.

This is unfortunate, but the reality of the situation Im afraid.
I see you have read my answer and not replied?

Any luck with your repairs yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have now given up with repair and will have to buy new machine
Thats no good. Its probably a better option in the long run for the money it would cost to repair yours anyway...

Good luck with it.