Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

My Bosch WVF2402GB/02 washer dryer doesnt seem to be heating the water and also tumb

My Bosch WVF2402GB/02 washer dryer doesn't seem to be heating the water and also tumble dries cold without heating. Is it the same heating element for both and how do I remove and test these elements? I'm reasonably practical so long as the instructions are clear.

Many thanks in advance

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

This washer uses different elements for the wash and the dry. So if 1 is faulty it wont stop the other from working.

Try this and see what happens. Set the washer on a 90 deg wash but you dont have to have a load in there and just see if the door gets hot during the wash and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I ran the wash hot and, I'm embarrassed to say, it did heat the water. I can't say the door got hot but it did get warm so I assume that must be okay.

The tumble drier still doesn't heat though so is still faulty. If it is likely to be the element I'll replace it myself if you can help with the instructions, please. Do you know who is likely to sell this part the cheapest?

Many thanks

Ok thought the wash side may be ok.

What you need to do with the dryer part is pull the washer out and remove the top.

On there you will see the metal dryer chamber. On there are some thermostats. One will have a red button in the middle.

Press this in and see if it clicks. If so then the thermostat has just reset so retry the dryer and see if it gets hot then.

If thats ok then you need to test the thermostats and the element from the top.

Looking at the dryer chamber test each thermostat and replace if faulty. You need to test for contonuity through it.

If ok then on the chamber you will see the 2 wires for the dryer element. Test this aswell and see what the resistance is. Its usually about 30 ohms so if faulty you need to replace it from there.

But check the reset thermostats first as usually its just these which have tripped out.

Let me know what you find

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I'm away
I was going to try this on Saturday when I'm off. Your instructions seem very practical so I'm sure there won't be a problem.

Can I let you know on Saturday how I get on?

Many thanks

No worries thats fine check it out and just let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just followed you instructions and it was indeed the thermostat that had tripped. I pressed the red button and it made an obvious 'click'. Yay!

Thank you for your help. Wouldn't hesitate to come straight to you in the future.

All the best