Appliance Tech-Care
Appliance Tech-Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I have a whirlpool dishwasher ADG 7560/1, when I turn it on

I have a whirlpool dishwasher ADG 7560/1, when I turn it on it seems to be working for about 30 seconds, then stops and the light flashes seven times. Is there anything I can do
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech-Care replied 2 years ago.

The computer has sensed a problem. Try resetting the control and see if the problem returns.

Close the door and press these buttons in sequence...back and forth

-high temp wash
-heated dry
-high temp wash
-heated dry

...all the lights will turn on briefly and the machine will start a diagnostic cycle. You can press cancel or let the diagnostic cyle finish (1-2 minutes).
You should now be able to run the dishwasher as normal.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not appear to have the buttons you describe. There is one "ON" and one "OFF" button on the left hand side. There is one button on the right which is to move through the cycles of rinse, 30, 40, 50 or 60 degrees. Then there is one button alongside the light that flashes. Is that any help.

Yes, I see that now,it was another model I was looking at.

The seven flashes is indicating you have a problem with the internal flowmeter on the dishwasher. It may be the flowmeter itself or it may indicate you have a problem with the water supply. Is the machine filling with water? If not, you will need to check the inlet water valve filter, the water supply from the house lastly the flowmeter itself.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just tried it again, water appears o be getting into the machine but when it stops the light flashes 6 times not 7. I thoughtt i counted it as 7 before but now it is definately 6. What would 6 flashes indicate. Is there ny way I can reset this machine. Many Thanks.

6 flashes says the water line is closed. This still has to do with the flowmeter .

Try this to set the machine int diagnostics

1. Turn the power off at the main or unplug it.

2. push and hold the power button while turning on the mains

3.push the start button again to start diagnostics

let it run and see if it resets.

You probably still have a problem that will have to be addressed

Were you able to reset the machine?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No unfortunately the reset did not work, what shal i do now. Please forgive the strange times of calling I am at our house in Barbados and we are 5 hrs behind UK.
If you could not reset the machine , you will have get it checked out by a service tech. The washer will have to be taken apart and it will require that it be taken out of the cabinet. These types of dishwashers are not made to be serviced by the homeowner, unless you are quite mechanically inclined.
Experience: 35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs