Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

How can I replace the oven and selector switch on a Beko DC

How can I replace the oven and selector switch on a Beko DC 5422 cooker?

I have bought their switch described a "oven and grill serlector switch" NNN-NN-NNNN- it is intended to control the oven temperature.  How do I get access to the bank of switches?

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

The part number is XXX a selector switch.

The oven temperature is controlled by a thermostat.

Which oven is giving the trouble? top or main?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The switch controlled by a knob, one of five knobs/switches, has become loose behind the front facia panel. And the spindle that connects the knob to the switch has come out of the switch and is still attached to the knob. The facia panel, in way of the defective switch, is graduated , - 80 to 240

If I knew how to remove the facia panel in way of the knobs I could then identify the number of the defective switch or tighten it up. By rotating the knob you can increase or reduce the main oven temperature. - is a reheosat like switch.

My first step would be to remove the facia to allow access to the bank of switches. Initially then how can I remove the facia

bob

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Isolate the power to the appliance.

Pull it out.

Take the screws at the rear of the top out.

Lift the top up a little and push it forward slightly.

It will unhook at the front.

Lift it up and slide it back to reveal the switches.

Once off, Open the top oven door.

Take out the 3 screws holding the panel.

Take out the 2 screws at the top holding the facia on.

However, you should only need to pull the knob off to get to the screws holding the faulty part. You may not need to take the facia off.

Check it out, see how it goes. Get back to me if you need more help

Hope this helps

Thanks

It will then tilt forward

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi

OK

I will give you advice a try to-morrow.and come back to you one way or other

Many thanks

Bob

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem.
Just post when you can.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Willl try your advice tomorrow at my sons house and come back to you one way ot other

Many thanks

Bonb
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, no problem