Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

I Have a hoover optima wmh 148df keeps coming up with E03 error

I Have a hoover optima wmh 148df keeps coming up with E03 error code 5 mins into the 1400 spin cycle . I have checked that the error code relates to water not draining away quick enough . I have checked the area where the waste pipe goes into the waste trap and all clear . Have also unconnected the pipe from waste and stood by the sink . Same thing happens. Are there any other filters that may be blocked ? or any ideas ? thanks Nick
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

When the error code comes up, has the machine fully drained or not?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it hasnt fully drained , turned off waited the respun it eptied a little more water the E03 comes up after 5mins into a 10 min spin cycle
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, you need to fully empty the water out.

Then, put it on spin only.

Does it complete?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry for the delay , have been out coahing kids football. Have emptied the machine and run spin cycle . the machine actually spun this time and went all the way to the end Laughing
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, the next check is to disconnect the drain hose where it connects to the house drains.

Check both for blockages/build up of scale.

Take out the filter in the machine, check that for debris and scale.

If all ok, put the filter back in, aim the hose into a bucket.

Put the machine on rinse.

Once it's got some water in, cancel and put the machine to spin only.

Holding the hose 3/4 the height of the machine and aimed into a bucket, does it pump the water out with good pressure and force?

Does it empty quickly?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have checked the drain hose where it goes into the house drains and checked passed that , there is no blockage . Is there a filter in the machine ??
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Yes, you should have been cleaning it out regularly since you bought the machine.

Bottom front, on the left, there's a panel that opens.

You'll find a draining tube and a filter cap there.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunateley the machine didnt come with a booklet , have got the filter out and absoluteley chocker with limescale and soap residues etc . have cleaned and put on a rinse cycle , fingers crossed . well no need i'm sure that will do it . Lets see
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Click here for the user manual

It may be of some help.

Hope this helped

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.