The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

Hello, I have a Zanussi WDT1085 Turbodry prod no XXXXXXXXX

Hello, I have a Zanussi WDT1085 Turbodry prod no XXXXXXXXX The machine does not switch on. I have checked plug and that is not it. For some weeks the machine would be in the middle of operation and would switch itself off. it seemed to be a question of closing the door more firmly but that does not work anymore. can you help?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 4 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Thankyou for using 'The Famous Forry' on Just Answer.

The Famous Forry :

This seems like the door interlock device has failed and therefore requires changing. They are relatively simple to fit and you can expect to pay about £30 for the lock. I can help you source the spare part if required.

Customer:

is there no other quicker solution? i have a ton of clothese to wash. i would need to check with my landlord first.

The Famous Forry :

No it is against the law to by-pass door interlock devices. There was a case recently where a 2 year old lost his arm, so very very dangerous. The part is available by mail order and can be with you by Tuesday in most cases or monday if you can find a local shop with it in stock.

Customer:

ok, i will have to check that with my landlord see if he or insurance will cover. satisified with the answer