ed michaels
ed michaels, Appliance Tech
Experience:  45 years installing and repairing appliances
62707781

Helo, My hoover vision hd 1400aaa 8kg washing machine does

Helo, My hoover vision hd 1400aaa 8kg washing machine does not finish its cycle and when it stops the timer saver light flashes on 12-14 times, the filter is clean i do this often. Can you please help?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  ed michaels replied 2 years ago.

ed michaels :

hi. i need age and warrantee info for machine, please. ed

Customer:

Hello, its over 3 years old cannot find warrantee info but i have this info MOD. VHD 8142-80 N. 31001951 0740 7253 type. fce2 2200w and its 14 timer saver light flashes, cheers.

ed michaels :

where in the clcle does it stop?fill,wash,rinse,drain? ed

Customer:

Drain because the washing is still wet even when its on a 1400 cycle

Customer:

Thinking about it, it does the hole cycle becauce it does spin

ed michaels :

Hi.

This is a tricky one. Normally the timer will advance to a certain stage before stopping. What happens is that the machine will almost certainly halt where the actual faulty component is called into use.What this means is that almost any component can cause this fault and, if you are unsure we would strongly advise that you seek professional help because, if you blow £100 or more on a timer or module and you're wrong then the chances are that it will be non-returnable.

The problem is drain circuit which includes the motor and pump assembly, the timer, and/or the electronic control panel . the machine needs to be serviced on site by a technician who can run diagnostic codes. If still in warranty, contact dealer. if not, click repaircare for a fixed parts and labor estimate, or this link Click here to find a local engineer for local service. you can compare their quotes with the cost of a new machine with a new warranty. Depending on age of machine, repair may or may not be a good option. It's up to you. I hope this answer is helpful if not welcome. Ed

Customer:

Thank you.

ed michaels, Appliance Tech
Experience: 45 years installing and repairing appliances