The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

beko frost free fridge freezer the freezer ok but fridge does

beko frost free fridge freezer the freezer ok but fridge does not seem to be working and the motor is hot

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am still awaiting a reply i am disappointed that know one has replied as I need to sort

this problem out asap

many thanks

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'

From your fault description your Beko is 'short of gas'. When this happens the compressor will get extremely hot as it is never switching off as it does when working correctly. The remedy is to 'Re-Charge with refrigeration gas, usually R134a or R600a now more commonly used. This is not a task every DIY person can do as they do not have the necessary equipment and for a one off job it is best to call in the experts. You would expect to pay around £75 in total for this repair. If you would like to do it youeself I will be more than happy to talk you through the procedure, regards David, 'The Famous Forry'

Experience: I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980