The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

whirlpool washing machine, AWO 5963. Will fill with water but

whirlpool washing machine, AWO 5963. Will fill with water but not wash on a set program, BUT will , when turned to rinse/spin, drain or short spin work okay. None of the set programs ie cotton, daily wash , quick wash will do anything apart from fill up. There is a lot of clicking, similar to a relay or solenoid energising, and the door lock light will be either on steady, and flash now and then.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

Does the machine spin fast?

Customer:

It will only spin at 1000 rpm on the rinse spin setting. unable to do a set wash program

The Famous Forry :

Please check the PCB for damage / Burn out.

Customer:

Do I assume this is the likely cause then? just asking cos i have a parts warranty on the machine.

The Famous Forry :

It is very possible that it is the PCB. I asked you to look as sometimes a small blob of solder corrects the fault. If you have parts guarantee it may be worth not touching in case of void warranties!