Repair_Man
Repair_Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Domestic Appliance Repair business owner.
58916799

Hi, We have an indesit washing machine that started leaking

Hi, We have an indesit washing machine that started leaking water yesterday. It was coming out of the front at the bottom of the machine. It also stopped taking fabric conditioner a while ago. Do you have any idea what might be causing the problem?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Repair_Man replied 2 years ago.
Hi. The water leak may be a product of the other fault, ie not taking softner. First remove the soap drawer, often they just pull out or lift and pull out (I'm not sure on your model but the manual should explain this). Then tip away any standing water and pull off the syphon cap. This is in the softner compartment. You will find that it is quite mucky around here and carefull cleaning is required, in the cap, around the base of the syphon tube and in the syphon tube hole. Then if you hold the drawer over the sink and level, you can carefully fill the softner compartment and when the water is deep enough the syphon will start.
Now replace the drawer and try the machine if there is still a leak, drain the machine and check the door gasket carefully for holes or tears. If this is ok you will need to remove the electric plug from the mains and take off the top of the machine. Careful examination of the hoses, by torchlight, may reveal a split. (Don't miss the soap hose under the soap drawer container). Still no luck:- then tip the machine backwards and examine underneath the machine to see a tell tale trace of where the water is coming from. There is no easy option at this point, you must persevere untill you discover the leak, which will dictate what must be done to cure it. Good luck.
Repair_Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Domestic Appliance Repair business owner.