NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .

How do I replace a broken belt on a Beko DRCS76W

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  NeilWill replied 4 years ago.

NeilWill :

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

Expert:  NeilWill replied 4 years ago.
At this site you can buy a belt for your Beko dryer, and see a video on how to replace the belt. It should be simaler to your Beko.
Expert:  NeilWill replied 4 years ago.

To change the belt you need to take the back cover off in the bottom right corner.

Then take all the screws off the back cover and pull it out a bit.

Then slid the belt down the front of the drum and around it.

Then refit the back cover.

Now slid the belt to the back of the drum so it lines up with the motor pully.

Now for the fun part. You need to strech the belt around the motor pully. I use a long screwdriver to do this.

Then once its on refit teh back cover and thats it job done.

But when the belt snapped was the drum stiff to turn?

If so then the front felt seal may be faulty as the glue from there comes off and causes the drum to stick and snappes the belt. If this is the case then the front felt seal will need to be replaced and drum cleaned up at the front.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I will not be able to attempt the repair until I have the new belt and I have the time available at the weekend.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry Neilwill, but your solution is useless and suggests that you have no familiarity with this model of dryer at all, or indeed any dryers?The drum is suspended on a bearing at the rear of the machine. Removal of the back cover, as you suggested, eventually exposes this bearing. So what does one do? Remove all the split washers etc? And what to do with the heating element? And what to do with the integrated pipes from the condenser system? You can't "slide the belt over the front of the drum" because it is sealed in. I must admit that I was a little suspicious about the simplicity of your answer, having viewed a video link that showed work on a Bosch dryer. Maybe, I thought, Beko is different. But I should have realised, with a little reflection, that all dryers will have their main bearing at the rear. I hope that you will move to have my fee refunded. I am, of course, perfectly happy to have my comment published; OR get hold of a Beko condenser tumble dryer and tell me how it is really done;OR get on a plane to the UK and come and demonstrate your technique works.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Get an honest and accurate answer to my question