NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .
25067054

Dear hotpoint,What is wrong, my washer dryer BWD129 1200spin,

Dear hotpoint,

What is wrong, my washer dryer BWD129 1200spin, has trouble drying. In general the mashine often stops when the water is pumped out (lights flashes so have to unpluck and start again) and then I don't know if I should just go directy manually to spin cycle or if I should give it a quick rinse program. I often do just that in order to make sure all soap i out, today it stopped again but for another reason (happens often before too) it is when I have given a load program c (as normal) and then think well let see if 100 min drying is enough, I see it's not and gives it 100 min more just to discover that after the additional 100 min the load is soaking wet. I can wash and dry i.e. two single duve covers and have them dried in 150 min other times I can give the same load 150 + 150 min and stil they will be wet like if they have just been steamed. I don't over or under dose the detergent or over or under load the maschine. Just yesterday i washed 3 large bathing blankets and had them dried in 150 min other times I can give the same lad 150 + 150 min drying and still find them just steamed or even still soaked and boiling hot. I have noticed that when turning the scrue cap lower right side water comes out, after drainging that no change is observed but don't know if it tells you something. The problem has been persisten on and off since I bought it 4 year ago. I alllways use program c or as I said slight rinse when I need to, due to program troubles. Should I just go for another brand next time...

Regards
Jesper, England
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  al-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm still waiting.
Expert:  al-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

This sounds like you may need a replacement smart card. Unfortunately, you may need a hands on tech on location to test the electronic components on this unit to be sure.
This is not usually a home handy person fix.
This site has the parts.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
on the page you linked to is it the smartcard 3.5 you mean. The two others say something with motor not sure it sounds like that. But else I agree it must be something with the computer programming.
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure which is the one for your model.
You can call the parts house by phone and they will give you the correct one that is for your model.

0844 375 3 375

Mon - Fri 8AM - 6PM, Sat 9AM - 1PM
(except bank holidays)

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7351 1800.

eSpares Ltd
13-14 Chelsea Wharf
XXXXX

London
SW10 0QJ
United Kingdom

Sorry, but you cannot collect parts from this address. We're a delivery only company.

Fax: 020 7351 2429

NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .