NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .
25067054

Microwave MC41SS, we used as oven for very first time and after

Microwave MC41SS, we used as oven for very first time and after that it stopped working as microwaive, plate not turning and not heating. Unpluged and pluged back, still not working. What can i do?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i am still waiting for an answer. If you require more information please ask.
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

Is there any sign of power to the microwave?
Are any lights coming on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Lets say I want to heat my drink for 1 min: the timer comes on ok, the light comes on and it sounds as if it is working fine, however, the plate is not turning and when time/1 min finishes it stops, the drink is cold as before, and so it is not heating. So no heat and plate is not turning.
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
This sounds like more than one fault in this unit.
Unfortunately most microwaves are not worth the money to repair when they have power and will not heat .If it does not heat then it may have a bad magnetron which is the most expensive part in the machine. It is more cost effective to replace the microwave than paying 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of the repair. Especially because it is not safe to do repairs of microwaves your self. This hold a deadly charge even when they are unpluged.

Sorry for the bad news.
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .