The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

I have a Bosch Classixx 7 drier (approx 18 months old) its

I have a Bosch Classixx 7 drier (approx 18 months old) it's all in in perfect working order. It has a timer system that's a bit odd in that you can't dial up a number of minutes eg 30, 60, 120 minutes etc, but works on preset stages called, 'extra dry', 'iron dry', 'cupboard dry' etc.....I thought / hoped that I could get used to it over the last 18 moinths but haven't....sometimes with a small load etc I just want to make an assessment myself and put it in for a specific time (in minutes) instead I'm tied into these silly factory presets.

Can I buy and put in a timer unit from one of the other Bosch models to up-grade and supercede what I've got? Is the circuitery compatible I'm assuming that there is a wiring block behind the timer that's full of different wiring?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Nigel Slack
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 4 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'

Customer:

Hi

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you Nigel, I hear what your saying regarding these preset timings, but unfortunately the Programmer is not interchangeable so your pretty much stuck with what you have got. On some Bosch models There was a self setting programme, but not on yours then. It may be worth voicing your dismay with Bosch as other people must also feel this is a nuisance.

Customer:

I don't supose I could just get a timer (non bosch) and somehow tie it into the wiring sytem then?

The Famous Forry :

No I would not say this is possible i,m afraid.

Customer:

ok - thanks -

The Famous Forry :

Sorry it is not what you wanted to hear.

Customer:

ok - bye

The Famous Forry :

Good Day to you from David.