The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
A new question is answered every 9 seconds candy cmd146 washer/dryer has started to stop midwash.

Customer Question candy cmd146 washer/dryer has started to stop midwash. its flashing 12 times.i guess this is a code. im a plumber myself so im proberbly capable of fixing the problerm if required. a local machine repairman said turn it at a 45% angle and cleanout the bottom filter, which i have done about 6 times now, but it seemes clear at all times. if i put it on the spin mode it empties which makes me think the drain isnot blocked, yet after its emptied it wont spin and stops with the 12 flashing code has ocationaly gone the full washing cycle which is odd...but now wont go through a complete cycle atall...your help would be appreciated...
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 4 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

This could be the brushes in the motor , so I suggest you unplug your appliance first, Then remove the main motr and check the carbon brushes for wear. This is a very likely cause of your problem. Brush sets (x2) are easy to change and cost about £20 a set. I can help you find these if required and any help in dismantling, rebuilding is on hand if you need it regards David, 'The Famous Forry'

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try removing the motor tomorow, as i havent time today..

The Famous Forry :

Ok come back if you need more help and don't forget to remove the plug first! Best wishes and Happy New Year regards David.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry to ask again but i tried it again, and its flashing 11 times, not 12...doh...could this be anything else before i go stripping the motor out??...cheers..Harry
It is still probably brushes and the motor is not too difficult to get in and out anyway , so checking brushes is still a good idea.